Opening a restaurant or tavern?
For those who would like to open a business that serves alcoholic beverages, an application to the Neighborhood and Community Services Department’s Regulated Industries is mandatory. Regulated Industries is responsible for permits and licenses regarding liquor, catering licenses, sidewalk café licenses, picnic permits, adult entertainment, dance halls and a bit more.
- To contact a Regulated Industries Division staff member, call 816-784-9000.
- For frequently asked Liquor License questions, click here.
- Regulated Industries checklists and applications are available here.
Though the CCA is not a consenter in the Liquor License application process, because of the organization’s fiduciary relationship with members of the community, they are able to make recommendations to consenters who request CCA input. Therefore, it is beneficial for the applicant to meet with the Liquor License sub-committee and Infrastructure Committee for review of the proposed business plan. For an appointment, email email@example.com.
The CCA currently has the following recommendations in regard to all liquor license applicants:
- No application for 3:00 AM permit will be submitted, nor will a 3:00 AM permit be issued.
- The liquor license is only valid for the person, persons, or entity for which the liquor license is approved and no sale or change in ownership of the liquor license will be allowed without initiating a new consent process.
- Adherence to current noise level restrictions.
- Only third party rentals of Event Spaces.
The goal of the CCA Liquor License Sub-Committee is to facilitate cooperation and conversation between license applicants and consenters, balancing the need for security and livability with a desire to see the Crossroads Arts District continue to grow in exciting, beneficial ways. Applicants are encouraged in the initial stages of the process to reach out to current businesses and residents to explain in full their proposed business plan and work with the CCA to ensure community wide awareness and support.
Working together we can continue to encourage new business ventures and continued growth that work well for everyone!